Monday, December 19, 2005

Upon Us

The months go by so fast, the weeks even faster. A constant flurry of activity, smoke-curled nights, and the tightening of friends. I feel like I've been reeling life in to snip away all the loose ends. We have revealed ourselves to eachother, and I've survived the fact that revelation is one of the hardest choices to make.

Went to Cosy Bay on Saturday night with the old gang of classmates. How wonderful to sit on the 5th level of the lighthouse overlooking the city, the river and the sea. The place seemed purposely designed to deter that particular brand of crowd associated with expats, the English-educated, and pretension. A bottle of Chilean wine for $50 flat, and an 80's mega-mix blaring on the speakers, perfect.

When they played "Wind Of Change", I sat back, took a deep breath, and exhaled all pretense away. It has been one painful, beautiful year. I hope that this is the pattern of the rest of my days.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only by relevation can we see through the misleading and get a glimpse of the soul.

1:16 AM

 
Blogger Terry said...

It took me pretty long to pluck up the courage. Do I know you?

9:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not everything is black and white..haha..

3:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home