Friday, February 25, 2005

Remounted



Last night I showed some friends a film my class did 1.5 years ago: The Matrix Remounted, a half-hour spoof which I'd created and starred in as the protagonist, Teo. This was our promotional shot, taken on location for the Architect scene at the Inter-Continental Hotel.

It was 2 weeks of frenzied shooting and editing way into the night. We rushed from lessons to the hospital rooftop for the fight scenes, then to the clinics where our heroes would jack into the Matrix on dental chairs, complete with drill-bits connecting into their necks.

Looking back at life in University, this was one of the best experiences I had. To pull off something creative while taking a dig at the stifling system we were under was priceless, not to mention the roars of appreciation from students and teachers alike during the screening.

We had even discussed a sequel, but considering how most of the cast and crew are no longer on speaking terms, I think I'll just be content with the beautiful memory, and leave it at that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home