HK
A little overdue, but I visited a friend in Hong Kong for the Good Friday holidays. We stayed in her beautiful apartment perched atop the cliffs of Wan Chai, with a spectacular view of the harbour and islands. I enjoyed the city immensely, its pulse of energetic dynamism, culture and fashion. A city of such character, of layers and undulations and convolutions. The shopping, eating and clubbing was excellent. I think I could live there.
I managed to steal an afternoon to myself. I hugged my jacket, plugged in my ipod and boarded an old bus which winded its way up into the precipitous Wan Chai hills. Half an hour later, I was at the peak. I needed the brisk air, the mountainous perspective, my head in the clouds. I listened to old songs, took pictures, stared out at distances and spoke to no one the entire time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home