Wednesday, April 25, 2007

So There

Inexcusably, I failed to update March. After almost 3 years of suprising consistency, I missed an entire month. Not because too much or too little has happened.

Today, I took the time to meet up with an old friend. Usually I catch him on weekends at a club, where he/me/we are in various states of intoxication. I can't remember when was the last time we had dinner - simply sat down for a meal together.

We met at Vivo City, had Burger King (me a Mushroom Swiss, he a Rendang Double like in JC), then hunted for a spot of coffee. We found one on the second floor overlooking the water, the glittering ferries and the lights of Sentosa Island.

We were alone on the balcony, because the storm had driven everyone indoors. Lightning laced the sky, but we ignored the downpour. It felt exactly the same after all these years, the laughter and teasing and deep understanding. Sarah MacLachlan on the radio. Then when the storm abated I drove him home.

Why I have not updated is not because too much or too little has happened, but because nothing important has taken place. And how does one judge that? By some shocking event, or a quizzical angle, or a funny take on a certain thing. I've misjudged the necessity of the mundane. And in so doing, the things which are important to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home