Christmas Coming
I hate this season in Singapore the most, more so than I hate CNY. To me, Christmas has to be full of snow, or at least scarves, for God's sake. The concept of "Christmas Shopping" down 30 degree celsius Orchard Road in t-shirt and berms just does not fly.
But why I really hate Christmas so much is because of the movie Love, Actually. Which I shamelessly enjoyed. More so than Valentine's, I always associate Christmas with romance. Or the lack of it.
Last year, I strolled down Orchard Road in t-shirt and berms with you, through fairy lights and jostling crowds at 11pm. We were looking for nothing in particular - just that most unnatural atmosphere of midnight shopping, the incidental brushes of our hands, our aimless proximity to eachother in a sea of people.
This year there will be none of that, and it sucks. Looking back at all my entries, I realise that I have spent too much time looking back. And when I re-read my posts, I find too little to do with the moment they were written in, and way too much of the distant past.
Well from now on there will be no more remembering. Memories are written down as they happen, from moment to moment. 2006 was a bad year, but I learnt some wonderful lessons. The watershed is over, and things can only get better.
See you soon, I love you all.

2 Comments:
Hi there, I chanced upon your blog and I became addicted to your writing. This piece, on Christmas, really hit me, because its strikes the same, tragic chord that haunted me, last Christmas, and surely this one.
7:38 AM
i'm glad you feel the same way. no wait, actually i'm not, cos it sucks! : ( thanks for reading.
2:37 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home