Interlude
Today I received a letter informing me that my request for change of posting has been granted, effective 3rd of July. A change is what I need, I've languished too long in a ginger-bread bastion of children's toys.
This will mark the end of my first year of working life, where I started out slow, forgivable, in that little tin-can dental bus travelling like a gaudy gypsy van around the far-flung neighbourhood schools.
Those first 4 months will always remind me of fresh HDB-estate mornings, young teenagers so touching in their hopeless anticipation of entire futures ahead, hawker food, bored sun-bleached afternoons. When it rained it sounded like little bombs exploding on the roof.
The end of a cocooned romance brought me back to the hospital, the next few months a blur, battling for the first time against eczema and acne, performing too many mind-numbing root canals, hitting the gym and blading track, too many holidays, becoming broke, struggling greedily to pull a rabbit from the hat of a half-hearted volunteer.
I've failed spectacularly, but now it's time once more to grab life by the balls. In July I'll be moving back to the rat-race in the building next door. Night calls, politics, consultations, being trodded on, clawing to the top. I'm rusty, but I relish the fight. Time to move on.

2 Comments:
best regards, nice info harman kardon car speakers mini cooper Classic cars cedar rapids iowa
2:10 PM
That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »
7:51 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home