Sunday, May 14, 2006

Beauty

Just returned from fantastic BKK, full of eating, shopping, and this:


My new Arabian Sand Boa, whom I named, most imaginatively, Bo. Docile and unaggressive, these beautiful desert constrictors grow to a manageable adult size of 2 feet, and are perfect for our hot, humid climes. Right now Bo is barely a foot long, but he managed a newborn mouse before the flight and curled up in my pocket like a baby.


Although I'm generally a bad egg, I must add some disclaimers:

1) I have been rearing exotic pets for 10 over years, and have had prior experience in snake-keeping(although that ended badly). Should you decide to get one, always research before-hand the species you have your eye on. Snakes require care and dedication, and the last thing you want on your hands is a monster that has out-grown it's welcome.

2) Always get the yearlings, because juveniles are usually captive bred. Captive bred snakes are easier to handle, have less parasites, and of course, obtaining them does not place a strain on the wild population. Oh Mother Nature, bathe me in thy loving rays!

3) Most importantly, shhhhhhh.