Lukewarm
So much for the moment. Yesterday I sprinted onto a bus, then a train, then another train, then down the gargantuan halls of Expo, only to find myself 20 minutes late for church, and soundly locked out.
I was contemplating meeting up with someone to kill the time, but decided that if I could not honour God on His Holy Communion with punctuality, I would do so with celibacy. I wandered around aimlessly for 2 hours, waiting for the service to end and my friends to emerge.
When I finally met them, one of the cell leaders smugly declared that "after people are locked out once, they are never late again." I replied, "Really? After I'm locked out once I simply never return again." This succeeded in darkening his face with the Wrath Of God.
Few things get to me. Dashing across the island on my day of rest only to be denied access to a place of worship does not. Waiting around in the heat and doing absolutely nothing for 2 mind-numbing hours on my day of rest does not. But having to suffer the admonitions of the self-righteous on my day of rest does.
Looks like I'll just have to bite the bullet and stick to my guns. Childish? Who cares. I shall expect many more debauched Sundays to come.

4 Comments:
interesting. we should talk about this some day, i'm discovering more and more people i never guessed would be touched by christianity. wine and smokes sometime soon?
9:24 AM
you never guessed? I'm that hard-core ah.... in that case, wine and ciggies it is.
8:59 PM
Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »
12:40 PM
Enjoyed a lot! » »
2:28 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home