Ugly But Adorable

This is a common snapping turtle, or Chelydonis Serpentis. He measures only 4 inches from head to tail. In a stroke of genius I've called him Snappy. Snappy likes to swim about his little plastic tank, and is a real fast learner. Already he's gotten the hang of goldfish-disembowelment.
When he's bigger I'll transfer him to the pond; hopefully he won't massacre everything in it. There will come a day when he grows too big for safety, and with a mixture of pride and sadness I'll do what every illegal snapper-owner inevitably has to do: release him to the wild, where he will be an ecological terror, as is his ancestry.
I dare say this only because I don't suppose anyone from the AVA will be reading - after all, this is Singapore ...... actually I don't really have a snapper, I got this all off the web. Trust me.

1 Comments:
very very very very very very adorable. i'm jealous.
7:03 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home