Dreams Die
There's a reason why people keep koi. They survive. After a week, only 5 archer fish remain despite all efforts to make them shoot water at crickets. The pearl arowana which cost 35 friggin bucks was so proud he decided to drown himself on dry land.
And not a single bloody koi is dead, the cowards. Looks like I'm really out of touch. Oh well. This should be the last entry of the month, and before I know it, August will creep up like a thief.
Just returned home from NUSS Suntec, where I had dinner and drinks on the terrace with some friends. We were looking out over the glittering city-scape when it started to rain, the clouds shrouding the skyscrapers and stirring up a cool wind.
It always puts you in a certain mood, and times like this I feel how wonderful it is to be alive; even more so to be able to afford drinks on a rainy terrace high up in the heart of a night-time city. Hah. Here's to the rest of the year.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home